Title: ICANN's Approach to Internet Policy: Workshop for Civil Society
Date: Tuesday, 29 January 2019 (All day)
Where: ICANN Regional Office in Brussels, Belgium
On 29 January, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will conduct a day-long workshop on "ICANN's Approach to Internet Policy" at the organization's regional office in Brussels. The workshop will take place the day before Computers, Privacy & Data Protection (CPDP) 2019, an annual event for global privacy experts, also attended by many civil society advocates and practitioners.
Engagement with civil society is an important component of realizing ICANN's multistakeholder model of governance. The workshop is part of ICANN's efforts to encourage effective engagement from its stakeholders, and invite newcomers to participate.
The event will be led by ICANN staff and community members. There will be presentations and discussions on a range of ICANN and Internet governance related topics, including the following:
• An Introduction to the Domain Name System (DNS)
• ICANN's mission, remit and the multistakeholder approach
• ICANN and Civil Society
• Policy Development at ICANN
• Key topics for Civil Society such as data protection and privacy, rights protection mechanisms, human rights, compliance and security.
How to register:
• There is no fee required for attendance. However, participation is limited and subject to a first-come, first-served basis.
• To RSVP and for more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Rond-point Robert Schuman 6, 1040, 1040 Bruxelles, Belgium
Catering will be provided.