ICANN Resolutions » 2005-10-12 - Brussels Office Administrative Approvals
Important note: The Board Resolutions are as reported in the Board Meeting Transcripts, Minutes & Resolutions portion of ICANN's website. Only the words contained in the Resolutions themselves represent the official acts of the Board. The explanatory text provided through this database (including the summary, implementation actions, identification of related resolutions, and additional information) is an interpretation or an explanation that has no official authority and does not represent the purpose behind the Board actions, nor does any explanations or interpretations modify or override the Resolutions themselves. Resolutions can only be modified through further act of the ICANN Board.
Board resolves administrative matters with respect to the Brussels office, such as appointment of banking powers and determination of fiscal year.
Resolved (05.77), to open a branch office of a non-profit nature in Belgium, on effective immediately at 6 Rond Point Schuman, b. 5, 1040 Brussels under the name of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers;
Resolved (05.78), that, in accordance with the purpose clause of the corporation, the branch office in Belgium be allowed to perform global management of Internet activities in Belgium and possibly in other countries, including but without limitation, policy support functions for the Internet community.
Resolved (05.79), to appoint Mr. Olof Nordling, a Swedish citizen residing in Belgium at [Olof Nordling's home address redacted here], as the branch manager and legal representative in Belgium, to serve in this capacity until his appointment is withdrawn by resolution of this Board of Directors;
Resolved (05.80), that Mr. Nordling, above-designated, be delegated full power to carry out the daily management of the branch, including, but without limitation to the foregoing, the following specific powers regarding the operations of such branch:
1. Represent the corporation vis-à-vis all public authorities, whether governmental, regional, provincial, municipal or other, the Commercial Courts, Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, the Corporate Counters, the Tax Authorities, including the V.A.T. administration, the Postal Checks service, customs, postal, telephone and telegraph services, and all other public services and authorities;
2. Sign daily correspondence, receive and sign receipts for registered letters or parcels addressed to the corporation through the post, the customs, the rail-, air- and other transport companies and services;
3. Take out, sign, transfer or cancel all insurance policies and all contracts for supply of water, gas, power, telephone and other utilities for the branch, and pay invoices, bills and other dues relating thereto;
4. Sign and accept all quotations, contracts and orders for the purchase or sale of office equipment and other investment goods, services and supplies necessary for the functioning of the branch which do not obligate the corporation to expend more than 500 Euro;
5. Take or grant leases, including long term leases, on real estate, equipment or other fixed assets and enter into leasing agreements with respect to the same, upon approval from President and CEO of ICANN or ICANN's Board of Directors;
6. Claim, collect and receive sums of money, documents or property of any kind and sign receipts with respect thereto;
7. Affiliate the branch with all professional of business organizations;
8. Represent the branch in court or arbitration proceedings, as plaintiff or defendant, negotiate settlements, take all necessary steps with respect to the above proceedings, obtain all judgments, and have them executed;
9. Draft all documents and sign all papers in order to be able to exercise the powers listed above;
10. Adopt all necessary measures to implement the resolutions and recommendations of the Board of Directors;
11. Move the branch to any other location in Belgium.
Resolved (05.81) that the banking powers of the branch shall be exercised by Mr. Nordling, above designated, who will have the power to:
1. Open any kind of account with any bank, credit or financial institution, whether Belgian or foreign, or any kind of Postal Checks account, in the name of the corporation, and to operate these accounts;
2. Sign, negotiate, and endorse for the account of the branch, all drafts, checks, bills of exchange, promissory notes and other similar documents;
3. Ask for accept all loans, either short, medium of long term, in the name of the branch.
Resolved (05.82) to declare that, in application of the Bylaws of the corporation, the Board of Directors decided that the fiscal year runs from July 1st to June 30th;
Resolved (05.83) to appoint Messrs. Luc Houben, Thomas De Muynck and Philippe Louviau, and Mrs Danielle Machiroux and Annick Vandenbergen at Jones Day, electing domicile at Boulevard Brand Whitlock 165, 1200 Brussels, Belgium, each acting alone, as proxyholder, with full powers to prepare, sign and file all documents and in general do all what is necessary to proceed with all required formalities with the Clerk of the Commercial Court, the Belgian State Gazette, the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, the Corporate Counter and the V.A.T. administration. Luc Houben, Thomas De Muynck, Philippe Louviau, Danielle Machiroux and Annick Vandenbergen are entitled to subdelegate any and all the above powers.